Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jade Propagation

How to propagate Jade plants:
Jade plants are another easy propagator.  I usually go for one of two methods: leaves or stems.  For leaves, I simply take a few leaves off, put them into dirt, and water occasionally (note that it can take up to 2 months for jade leaves to start sprouting roots if they are simply placed in dirt indoors).  For stems, I break off a small section (usually only a few inches, but larger should work as well) and put that in the dirt and water it.  Easy as pie! Not all of them will root every time (at least not for me) but each adult plant has plenty of leaves to spare.

For all my plant propagation posts, click here

Below: New growth from two leaves (left and center), and a longer stem being propagated.  





No comments:

Post a Comment